Legal Aid Lawyers in Abbotsford - Energy law for the emerging world of energy markets is our firm's specialty. There are several challenges along with new opportunities for our firm to help assist our several clients in taking advantage of this new world. Our energy law group provides a comprehensive array of legal services to domestic and international energy clients. We serve everybody from start-up companies to major corporations. Whether your company provides solar energy technology or more traditional forms of energy generation, both have complex transactional requirements. We offer sound and realistic recommendation and representation drawing on a depth of understanding of the political, legal and economic problems involved in energy matters.
1. We assist with new developments connected to renewable/alternative energy technologies (e.g., solar, wind, fuel cells, biomass, geothermal, hydropower and biofuels). In the case of the solar energy industry, we act for manufacturers, users and developers in preparation of land and roof release, tax matters, development agreements, legislative and regulatory concerns, commercial arrangements, financial agreements with investors in addition to regulatory and legislative concerns;
2. We are involved in energy efficiency demand management and cogeneration projects in commercial, industrial and institutional contexts, including engineering, construction and financing issues;
3. We offer advice to private and public entities in respect of new statutory requirements to complete energy plans, and their land use plan integration;
4. We assist to structure and negotiate joint venture arrangements for energy projects, and could help in transfer and licensing arrangements, acquisitions and project financing;
5. We offer services to assist in the initial stage commercialization and financing of clean technologies;
6. With new environmental and energy law requirements consisting of carbon management and disclosure, we could assist with approvals and compliance;
7. We help to create, protect and commercialize intellectual property rights;
8. We are involved in venture capital opportunities, as well as private equity and initial public offering opportunities;
9. For issues like for example "leave to construct" applications for both gas and electricity infrastructure, we can represent clients at hearings before agencies and regulatory commissions, setting of rates, creation of independent transmission companies, licensing, permitting, approvals and compliance issues
10. We counsel senior management and boards of directors regarding problems of corporate governance and disclosure, environmental stewardship and liability concerns, climate change, evolving regulatory matters, and, where appropriate, assisting in representations to governments.
Click to Download the pdf